If you have a strong BRAND try these simple marketing mistakes or actually DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME:
- Ask your friends what they think. This won’t give you a great advantage because they may not even be your target market.
- Ask your employees. This is a mistake. Their opinion is not objective and they are completely biased either for or against you. “yes against” there are always a couple of people that are there for the money only
- Email your current client list. This isn’t bad, and should be done but it won’t grow your business. It sustains your client base and that’s no laughing matter.
- Buy a magazine ad from your friend. This is a true story. I had a friend ask me if they should buy an ad from their friend. It was only $500 and they had a $3000 budget this month to get the word out. I told them to give me the $500 and after the issue had come and gone I would hand them their money back. Instantly I’m a hero… All kidding aside you need to put into place a great deal of elements to make a print add work and to measure it’s affect it has on your bottom line.
- Buying Radio. Radio is great and a great way to spend money. You have to put thousands into a creative campaign that usually works when associated with an event. Minimum suggested investment $5000 and setting it up to be measured through your website or even a new URL.